Studying in the United States 

Every year, thousands of individuals from around the world come to the United States to study and improve their education. There are numerous programs available for every level and every academic interest. There are three types of student visas:

Academic Studies (F Visa)

This visa is for those who want to study or conduct research at an accredited university or college.

Exchange Visitor (J Visa)

The J-1 visa is a nonimmigrant visa which allows foreign nationals to enter the U.S. to participate in exchange programs to promote the sharing of knowledge and skills in education, arts and sciences.

There are two types of J-1 Visa:

  1. J-1 visas that do not have a restriction known as ‘Home Residency Requirement’ (HRR)

  2. J-1 visas that have the HRR restriction

Non Academic or Vocational Studies (M Visa)

This visa is available to those wanting to study at a non-academic institution in the United States.

Attorney Helping International Students Attend School

If you are seeking to attend a university or other academic program in the U.S., it’s important that you be prepared with the right visa. Immigration lawyer Tiare Angelo assists students with obtaining the appropriate visas. Call today to set up a consultation with the Attorney.

Hablamos Español. (512)265-8989